Monday, August 25, 2008

Crazy Top of of Utah Fun











The Top of Utah was probably an idiotic thing to do with such little training but it was definitely worth it. I think I have to give most of the credit to Carrie for helping to push me along. We picked road marks and set goals along the way which helped to break down the large distance into smaller distances.
We had a blast, there is nothing like getting up early in the morning and going for a long run with beautiful scenery. The feeling of accomplishing something like running 13.1 miles is an awesome feeling.
Now I have run pretty much every length of race that there is. I have run a few 5ks, two 10ks, one 15k, one half marathon and one full marathon. My goal is to run many more. Running is a bug that is hard not to catch!
Thanks Carrie for being there for me. I am looking forward to the 10k in two weeks!



4 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

Way to go girl!!! I have done one 10K and a couple 5ks but the 10k pretty much did me in!! I admire those that can run like that! You look great!! That is such quite the accomplishment!!! I am proud! :)

Carrie said...

Girl, you were the one that kept ME going! And I wouldn't have been there to do it had it not been for you, so thank you!

It was such a blast to spend some time with you again, and it makes me laugh that no matter how much time may go by before we see each other again, some things never change - like our freakish soul connection (David Archuleta! hahahahaha!!!)

LOVE YOU!!!

corrine said...

hey aubrey! i found your blog on heather's... its so fun to see what u are up to. way to go on running a half marathon - i always think people who do those are a little crazy and a LOT amazing! if that makes any sense? haha. anyway, love seeing your updates on life.

E-Lo said...

YES!!!!! You did it and you look great too :) You should be proud of yourself :)