Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A few odds and ends

Since I haven't updated in a while here are a few random things from the past few weeks:



First and scariest is that I found four different charges on my credit card that I had no idea what they were. I had paid off the card and made only one purchase on it since then and had been keeping it in a box, but last month there were charges on it from Nevada. I called the card company and they gave me a phone number that was the same for all four charges. When I called it, it was an automated system talking about account updates, but it didn't say the name of the company and there were no options to speak to anyone. It just hung up on me. I called twice just to make sure and then called my credit card company back. They cancelled the card, took the charges off my account, notified the three major credit companies and they are investigating the charges. I am so scared! If anyone has experience or advice let me know. I don't know if there is more that I should be doing or not. And I am clueless as to how they got my account information which is even more scary.



On a lighter note, here is a picture of the two brain dead dogs. We put these craft button things on their noses and they didn't even notice they were there! He He! We like to find different ways to torture the poor things and laugh at them. What else are dogs for? jk


Here is a picture of our thankful jar that we made. Jennifer invited us over one night for FHE and this is what they were doing. We weren't able to go but I liked the idea and thought I would copy her. I guarantee theirs looed professional and not 2nd grade-homemade like mine but it's what's inside that counts right?

These are a few of the things we wrote down during the month. It was fun to go back through them and find out what each other had written. Some were funny and some were serious, but there is a story behind all of them. It is nice to have a holiday every year centered around being grateful.



6 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

The thanful jar is a great idea. Your silly dogs are so cute, they have always been so fun, I love to go sneak over and peak through the gate just to say Hi to them. I think Landen does everytime we get home. I am so glad you guys have new jobs I hope they are working out great for you. Where did Bryce get a job? Just wondering. I did notice you guys are always gone and we never see you anymore. Oh well summer will be make up time for this whole winter. K

Sunshinegirl said...

I like the thankful jar--good idea. I don't know what the #2 is at Wendy's but if it's got fries and a d.coke, it's got to be good.

Please stop torturing your dogs.

A few years ago some charges showed up on my credit card, right after I had called the company to cancel it so I think whoever I talked to - to cancel it used my card. #$#!!@@ Luckily American Express took off the charges and I didn't have to pay. That kind of stuff is really scary and it happens all the time. Not really much you can do, but what you did. Try not to worry about it, be careful, and just hope it doesn't happen again. Sorry! I know that must have been super stressful. People who steal other's identities should go straight to hell. (sorry, but true)

Danelle and Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasie West said...

Welcome back, Aubrey. Sounds like you've had an eventful month. Bummer about the credit card, it happens to a lot of people and the credit card companies are really good about it. I doubt they have any more of your information though, but just be wary. You did the right thing. Love your thankful jar, I think we need to do that.

Jenn said...

I guarantee our jar DID NOT look professional; but I love yours! I'm so glad you did it!

I am so sorry about your credit card; although the other day, my aunt was telling me about how Facebook is being linked to all kinds of hacker-crap. I don't know how, but she said that some people had evn gotten their Facebook account hacked into, then they were victims of id theft, or cc theft. Just a thought; maybe one we could check into?

BTW, your dogs are adorable, and I wish it was warm so we could all go play fetch!

One Happy Heart Family said...

Man, you guys need to post more. This is the only way I keep up on everyone. Hey what does the saying say on top of your way cute pic? Just wondering. I hope you guys are doing well. I sure do miss you. Please post more so I know what is going on in your fun lives.