Thursday, May 26, 2011

7 Months

I have hit the 7 month mark and I am feeling good. This pregnancy has been such a blessing but has also brought a mix of emotions. I am realizing that Jayda will no longer be our little baby, this new little boy will require a lot more attention and holding. Will I neglect Jayda because I need to pay special attention to a newborn?
It also makes me realize that Jayda is getting close to being out of the baby stage where she cuddles and needs me and I can carry her around. I'm afraid having a newborn around will only speed up the process of her growing up. I am excited to have our little boy join our family but also sad because I know I will never get this part of my life back. It will never just be the three of us again. It's bitter-sweet.

Below are evidences of our little baby growing up:


Not quite the same..... She had a little princess party with her cousins and her friend JoJo. She got this outfit for her first birthday and I thought she would NEVER fit into it.



She is learning how to take off her clothes and also put them on.

I guess there is still hope. This kid never grew up :)

6 comments:

Kaylie said...

I totally felt the same way as you about being just the 3 of us during pregnancy and how adding the 4th would change everything. It was totally a torn emotion being sad, yet happy at the same time. I'm glad you are feeling well and he is looking healthy. Just enjoy all the moments you can with just Jayda, it will be fun having the next one though. I didn't understand how I would feel about this next one until the literal moment I had him. I'm excited to see you guys soon!

One heart and mind said...

Isn't it sad to see your baby grow up? You just want to bottle all those cute moments you have with them. Once you have that little guy, he'll just fit right into the family and then you'll wonder what you ever did without him!

Koz fam! said...

You look so beautiful!! I cant wait to see what your little guy looks like! Almost there:)

Shantaye said...

I'm starting to feel that way too! I hate it :(

Sunshinegirl said...

I went through those SAME feelings too! It's hard to think about loving another when you love your first child SOO much. I worried about Hunter feeling neglected too. But he adjusted & I don't think he feels that way. He loves his baby brother SO much & I'm sure Jayda will feel the same.

The McCloys said...

I dont know if this was normal to feel, but when I came home from the hospital with Camden, I hadnt been around or held London for a couple days. It felt strange holding her, and that was what I had a hard time with. She was my little girl, and I had been there for every moment and she was in a sense my third leg, but it didnt feel normal holding her. It soon subsided though and now it feels normal holding both of them. It is definitely different having a 4th person in the family, but like others said, they soon become a part of your life that you never could imagine going without. Enjoy having just one to take care of, and definitely try and do what you can with Jayda now. I am excited to see what your little man will look like. Good luck!