Thursday, June 23, 2011

8 months and a baby shower

My awesome friend and neighbor, Jen was kind enough to throw a baby shower for little Bentley and I on June 11th. The whole thing was adorable, the invitations, the decorations, the games-it was a blast. I felt a bit embarrassed because people typically don't get a baby shower for their second child, but I was really grateful that everyone came and supported us so thank you so much to all of you!
The food was amazing! She made Bruschetta burgers which I had never tried before but am now a big fan of, homemade fries, red velvet whoopie pies which I had never tried before and also love and Kim brought cute fruit skewers. YUM!

A few people left before we took this picture, but here are most of the lovely ladies I am lucky enough to be friends with. Notice the cute paper lanterns, those have always been a favorite of mine.

And the 8 month pic. I have sleepy eyes and not the best hair day, but the picture was necessary. Pregnancy is such a short little part of life that I feel like it is better to take pictures even if I don't love how I look in them, cause it is super easy to forget. I count the forgetting part as a blessing though, pregnancy and I are not great friends. I do have to say that this is probably my favorite part of the pregnancy. I am close to the end, I feel pretty well and I can feel my little guy kicking all the time. I am sure next month I will have had enough though.

2 comments:

One Happy Heart Family said...

Oh Aubs you are so SUPER ADORABLE!! Pregnant or not!! I miss you guys so much!! Sitting here at the hospital only makes me miss you more! :0) I can't believe Schow #4 is so close!! Thats so exciting!! Hey we had a baby shower for Kylie & she was my 3rd. LOL You need boy stuff anyways!! You look AMAZING!! LOVE YA!!!

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

What a fun cute shower! I know what you mean about a shower for not your first one. I got one for our third, but it was our first girl.