Friday, December 30, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year

At the beginning of November my long lost brother Jason came home from his mission in NY. It is so fun to have the four of us back together again. It feels like he was never gone. 
 The week of Thanksgiving we started off with a bang, passing the flu around to each other and Bryce going in for knee surgery. This was an injury from church ball last year, we just didn't know it was as bad as it actually was. He ended up on crutches for 4 weeks and is doing physical therapy to help restore his range of motion and his muscles.  I got to do the honor of shaving his hairy little leg.
When he was in the recovery  room afterwards he was shaking and loopy. He just kept looking at me and saying "I am so glad you are here. I love you. I was worried you wouldn't be here when I woke up."
 Jayda got her makeup done for the first time. This is her puckering her lips to show off the lipstick, eyeshadow and blush.
 We spent Thanksgiving at my Aunt Angie's house. Everyone but my mom was there (she was a partaker of the flu virus). Bentley was great. He loved the noise and the activity. He is going to be social like his dad and his sister.
 Bentley at 3 months, Bode at 8 months and Daxton at 6 months. No we did not plan the stripes, but it is adorable. :)
 I can't get a serious picture of these two to save my life.







 A few weeks before Christmas we went to breakfast with Santa at the Wight House on main street. All proceeds went to benefit the local food pantry. Jayda was excited to meet Santa for the first time, but when she got close to him she got too nervous so I had to hold the two kids in the picture.

 She didn't even want to go near the fake Santa. What is it about Santa that is so frightening to kids?

 Jayda re-discovered the dryer. Good thing we don't spend a ton of money on toys when she can entertain herself just fine.
 Christmas Eve was spent at my parents house with my brothers playing games, decorating gingerbread houses and having an excellent meal.












2 comments:

Brittney and Scott said...

congrats on your brother coming home

Kaylie said...

Seriously, your kids are SO adorable!! I love those red pjs Bentley is wearing. And I love the pic of Jayda on the side of your blog. She is such a cutie! I hope Bryce is still recovering well.