Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jayda's first haircut

 The week after Christmas we took Jayda to Cookie Cutters for her first haircut. We prepped her all week so that she would be excited and not scared, which worked until we walked in and told her she could pick out a chair to sit in. She got nervous and didn't want to sit in any of them. With the help of a sucker and me standing right next to her she did fantastic. After a few minutes she relaxed and was on her best behavior for the girl cutting her hair. We were very proud.
I expected this to be a bit emotional because I had read how other moms started crying and were all heartbroken when they cut off the hair their little babies were born with, but the only emotion I felt was pride in my sweet little girl for doing so well. She is growing up!

Before
  After

3 comments:

Brittney and Scott said...

Cute cut. Way to go Jayda!

Sunshinegirl said...

Her hair is darling!!! What a cutie pie! :)

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

She is so cute and she looks so proud of herself!