Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bentley Bear is 1!

 August 7th was Bentley's 1st birthday. We had a monster bash which we thought was appropriate because this kid is loud and wild yet adorable and a lot of fun!
This is a pinata we filled with candy and let the kids swing at. The 3 year olds were too little to do any damage so Brittney had to do the dirty work and bust it open. We let her keep the head as a prize. Aren't we nice? Actually, I really am nice because I didn't post the pictures we took of her doing a pinata with the little kids. You're welcome Brit :)
 
 This is the cute smash cake. There was so much frosting that even with Jayda and Melia's help he didn't even get to the cake.









A few things we want to remember about Bentley:
Loves blankets. He won't leave his crib without grabbing them. His favorite is a blue quilt that came with his bedding.
He can say mama, uh oh, ball, bye bye.
He can point out anything and everything that even remotely resembles a ball. Has a great throw already.
He is loud! He growls and grunts and yells. Everything is loud, there is no low volume with this kid. Just ask the ornery old fart we sat behind in church who asked us if we could stick a sock in his mouth. He wasn't kidding, he was dead serious.
Gives great kisses and is a good cuddler when he's tired.
He would pick his papa over anyone else.
Can't help but do a jello jiggly kind of dance when he hears music.

2 comments:

Scott, Kara, Paul, Brad and Andee said...

Happy Birthday! Love the cake, way cute.

Jackie Dillard said...

So I'm finally catching up reading your blog, and I decided I'd just comment on this one for the past few posts that I read! Anyways...I hope Jayda and Bentley had GREAT birthdays--it looks like they did and were totally spoiled! :) I absolutely loved Bentley's smash cake and Jayda's fish cake (with the cupcakes)...so adorable!!! I can't believe how big they're each getting too!!! They're updated pictures you had taken are SO STINKIN' CUTE!!!
I loved the pics of your Yellowstone trip too--looks like you guys had tons of fun! I especially loved the pic of all of you guys on the kiddie train! ;)
I hope you guys are doing well!!! I miss you guys tons!!! You were such a wonderful young single adult teachers/leaders and just wonderful friends...I love you guys!!!
If you're ever up this way let me know and we should totally go to lunch or something sometime!!