On Saturday September 27th Bryce ran his very first race. It was a 5k in Centerville and the proceeds went to benefit kids with down syndrome. Our goal was to run the whole thing without walking and we did it! I am so proud of him. He did awesome and made huge progress in the little time that he had to train for the race. My cute parents also came out to show their support. Gotta love em! In the future the races we run will only be on The Run Bug, but I had to put this one on here because it was important.
As is tradition, Carrie drove up from SLC to join us.
We are in there somewhere! This race was actually a little kid's Eagle Scout project. I thought that was a creative idea. There wasn't a huge turn out, most of them were speed lightning high school boys that kicked our trash, but yes, we did beat the two tiny girls :)
.jpg)
This is us towards the end of the race. Bryce got a huge grin on his face and started running faster when he saw my mom taking pictures.


6 comments:
Way to go Bryce and Aubrey!!! That is way COOL I am so proud of you two. I think that is so neat doing it for a charity makes it all worth the soreness? RIGHT? You should watch the movie "RUN FATBOY RUN". Pretty funny and its about a marathon. We love you guys : )
Woo-hoo! I am completely jealous! I just am not a runner! We miss seeing you guys outside all the time! We need to do a barbeque or something!
Oh man...Aubrey you look so great. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It is so fun to see what you are up to. I can't believe that you are such a big runner, that is awesome. Running is not my strongest thing.
Wow...Aubs you are such an inspiration to me...really! I really need to start getting into running! Thank you for the way nice comment you left on my blog...you are such an amazing friend and know just the right stuff i need to hear! LOVE YA!!
Way to go guys. You go ahead and keep being active so I can live vicariously through you while I sit here on my computer being lazy.
I'm proud of Bryce, too. Way to go you guys! I love running with you!
When's our next race, eh? :)
Post a Comment