The economy is scary right now, there are so many uncertainties, doubt, fears, etc. I have noticed that the real estate market isn't what it used to be a year and a half ago when I was asked to work with my dad and my uncle. Because of this, I started looking for another job, hoping I could find something that would keep me busy and that I didn't feel guilty being paid what I am with what little work and little hours I actually work.

In my job search I accidentally applied for a job in Taylorsville which is about an hour away from where we live right now. If I had seen where it was located I never would have looked at it twice. Long story short, two interviews later they offered me the job. It was last Friday and I asked them if I could take the weekend to think about it. Over the weekend I decided that I was going to accept, but then for some reason on Sunday night, I was thinking "what am I doing?!". Why am I giving up a job that pays great, has amazing flexibility and is way closer to home? So Monday morning I called the HR guy back and left him a voice mail saying thank you for the offer but I don't feel 100% right about it.
Thank heaven's for my mother, I called her and told her and she reacted differently than I thought she would. She actually told me she was disappointed which took me by huge surprise! When we got off the phone she said a prayer for me that I would either feel at peace with my decision or I would have a strong feeling and have the courage to act on it, and that is exactly what happened. I felt like I was going to throw up for the next hour and I started searching for another job and just felt hopeless. So somehow I got up the courage to call the HR guy back and luckily leave another message. I told him that I thought it was just nerves and that I really did want the position. How embarrassing! I felt like a complete idiot.
I waited all day for a phone call and it never came. I thought for sure he had already given the job to someone else, but then this morning he called and spent a lot of time with me going over all of the benefits and the great things about the job. I accepted and will be starting on the 16th.

I am so grateful to have a mother that is in tune enough to pray for me and I am so grateful for that sick to my stomach feeling I received from the Holy Ghost. I guess his still small whisper wasn't enough to get through my thick skull this time ;).
This job decision may not make sense now, (Bryce works in Brigham City, or town-home hasn't sold yet and the market is aweful) but I know for sure that it is right. I know Heavenly Father is looking out for us and guiding us in the right direction. Change is in the air, I can feel it.
I loved listening to conference this weekend. I felt hope and optimism. Things may not always make sense to me but what do I know? :)
9 comments:
Wow that's a neat story Aubrey. What'll you be doing at King Medical Group? Well you'll definitely be a lot closer to us! If Bryce is ever working the night shift or something then you better call me and we'll do something. Love you and good luck!
Oh congrats lady!! I'm so glad you found a job!!!
I am so happy for you. I understand completely your thought - What do I know? - that is how I am feeling these days. I do know this...that I know very little when it comes to the grand scheme of things. Way to be brave, way to go (your mom) for her inspiration, and way to go on following it, even when you don't know why. You're a babe!
Way to go?! That is so neat. I hope all goes great with the new job, you are so dang cute who wouldn't hire ya ;0) You will just have to stay here longer with us huh? You can't move just yet, you guys are just great neighbors our kids love you.
Great story Aubrey. I have found in my life that the Lord works in mysterious ways and seems to know a lot more than I do (go figure) about me. I'm glad you're learning these things so young. It is a foundation that will take you through the rest of your life. Love you.
Kasie
How proud am I? I look at your pictures and can't believe how beautiful you are but that doesn't even compare to how beautiful you are on the inside. I love you!
You are very wise for you age. If I'd only been half as smart as you I could have saved myself a lot of angst. Congrats--it sounds like its the right thing. Things happen for a reason and everything will work out for you and Bryce when it's the right time. Love you!
oops--forgot an "r" on the first line. (your) embarassing! :)
Good Luck with your now job. Im sure you will do great. I wish i could be your co-worker again. I miss it :(
Let us know how is going so far.
Post a Comment