Friday, March 20, 2009

Thought for the day

So these don't occur often, in fact, I don't know if I have posted any profound thoughts on the entire history of this blog, but here is what is on my mind....

I have decided to stay out of the fast lane as much as possible, especially in the drive to and from work. All it does is make me mad. No matter how fast I go there is always someone impatient that feels the need to ride my butt. I have also been flashed by brights a few times. This just makes me angry because I am not a slow driver, I am going WELL over the speed limit. I say that butt riding should be reserved for those going UNDER or at the speed limit in the fast lane, no one else deserves it, and flashing is just flat out piggish and unnecessary.

Anyways, there is my thought for the day and my new resolution to just stay out of the fast lane, even if it makes me drive a little slower than I want to. It isn't worth the stress. So there you go butt riders, you win.

One more thought....
Boo to impatient people! :(

5 comments:

Sunshinegirl said...

Yes! Love it! People are stupid. I hate to admit that I am impatient, but have never & would never flash my lights at someone in the fast lane. Those people need to chill. Next time (if you are ever in the fast lane again) give them the bird. Oh wait, that's not being a good example is it?! Sorry. I'll give them the bird for you. :)

One Happy Heart Family said...

Ha so FUNNY, Bryce HATES driving to SLC he gets way mad and yells at everyone, It is usually my fault since we are always late and I am eyeballing him to go faster. I hate the butt huggers too. There is always one of them. I just slow down and make them madder. I love road rage. For some silly reason I am addicted to the fast lane. The need for speed I guess ;0) Ha slowing down just means no tickets. Flashing your lights is just lame if you do that you are just stupid and need to wake up earlier duh? Crazy drivers. If only they knew who they were flashing they would get it. Some prego, hot babe driving to work EWE people make me so mad! See what you did get me all upset about dumb drivers!!!! J/K Hope you find some way cute stuff tonight....

wuxiheather said...

Ugh I totally agree! Butt riders suck! The fast lane IS for people going fast and I disagree about the speed limit part, but I do think if you're going more than 5 or 10 over the speed limit then people REALLY shouldn't ride you. AND, flashing your brights at people is just CRAP! The other night I was in the fast lane and I was going at least 5 or 10 over but this guy started riding me and flashing me. I swear to you it almost caused an accident because his brights were SO bright. I honestly couldn't see, and he did it multiple times. After that I wasn't ABOUT to move over cause he was a JERK! Ugh! I have major rode rage and anxiety when I drive!

Oobydooby scoobydooby said...

Memo to the Butt Riders U.S. chapter:
Dear fellow Butt Riders,
Our plan to torment Aubrey until she got out of the fast lane has succeeded. However, it was strangely unsatisfying. Therefore, let us unite to now ride behind her in the middle lane until she goes to the slow lane. Now let us sing the name of the club song to the tune of the 1970's TV show "Batman". Na na na na na na na na Butt Riders!!

Jenn said...

You are hilarious! I have to agree, though. I usually try to stay in the carpool lane; I figure that it's not the fast lane, and if they want to go faster, get out and go around me! I don't even let it bother me if the do pass me (although, so often I wish that a cop were nearby so they'd get a ticket for crossing the white lines!).