A little bit about the bug at 6 months:
Jayda is now sitting up by herself and is getting more and more vocal. This can be difficult in church but is a lot of fun at home where we don't have to worry about the noise level. We also have the go-ahead to start feeding her rice cereal which we are really excited about. We will do that tomorrow morning when all three of us are together. She can scoot herself around in a little circle but isn't really trying to get up on her knees yet. There are also no teeth coming in yet, but my friend Brittney felt in her mouth and could feel two that should be coming in a little while. She is also extremely social and smiles at everyone. She does however have "stranger danger" already and is perfectly content as long as she is in mine or Bryce's arms. I am told that this will only get worse before it gets better.
Below are her 6 month pictures. I decided to try my hand at photography instead of going to the expense to pay one.






10 comments:
Why pay a ton of money your pictures are AMAZING! Maybe you should start making people pay you money!
Jayda is such a cutie! I was shocked to see that she is that old!
Hey, so I'm in my pediatrics clinical this semester and I think I might have an answer about the head measuring. But first off I must comment on what a cute girl you have and I can't believe it's already been 6 months since she was born! That will be a fun experience starting her on cereal, it's funny watching their reaction at first :) And I hear ya on the picture thing (yours look great by the way) I put it off until now (and even combined her pics into a family pic plus found a cheap photographer) because I was already taking pictures of her at home anyway and didn't want to pay money.
Anyway, to answer your question I think 1)They want to make sure that it follows near the same curve/percentile each time (because if it grows or shrinks a lot that can show the Dr. there might be a problem) and 2) They can see if she is in a "normal" percentage range for her age (which could also possibly alert the Dr. that there might be a possible problem).
I don't think I even realized that I didn't really know what it was for either until just recently, but it's funny because I never really questioned it, just knew it was something they did, haha. Wow, what a big comment! Hope that helped.
6 months already!?!?! That is crazy!! She is so darn cute!! I love her big smile!! And I hope our dog is like yours...scared of the baby for the first month..that would be so great but I just don't think I am going to get that lucky! ;) Hope all is well with you!!
AUBREY! Those pictures are so so so so cute. I am coming up sometime SOON and we're going to do Melia, K? I wanna do it at your house cause you have cute stuff to put in the pictures and I'll bring cute clothes, etc. Do you like how I totally just invited myself up for it? Seriously those pictures look AMAZING. LOVE YOU TONS~! Will we get to see you on Sunday at Melia's blessing? You're invited to Mike's parents after too if you want to come.
Those are such great pictures I love them.
Yeah no kidding why pay money when you did a great job! She is adorable I absolutely love the pictures!
I think you've found your calling--you're an amazing photographer!! (course it helps to have such a stinkin' cute subject). But it's hard to take kids pics & you did a really good job!
Heather told me you had taken some cute photos. Besides the fact that your baby is darling, those are really good. You did a great job. I'm impressed
Jayda's photos came out adorable! In the second one where she is wearing that adorable hat, she looks just like you!!!!!
These are beautiful!!!!I cant believe it has taken so long to look at your blog!
Post a Comment