I got an e-mail from 97.1 ZHT saying that they were having a baby derby and it was at Dick's Market which is just right across the street from us. So i decided to sign Jayda up. After all, that girl cost a lot of money just to get her here, it's about time she started earning her keep right?! J/K I figured it would be a fun thing to record and be able to show her when she was older. Maybe if we were really lucky we could win a gift basket or something. Well, they split the babies up into three groups and she was in the second group. She ended up blowing all of the other babies out of the water by crawling after a pack of gum! Then in the final round she got mad because she wanted the gum and I kept putting her back in crawling position so she would be ready. When they said go she just stayed there and I figured it was all over. The other two babies were way ahead of her, but somehow she caught up to them. They were both right there at the finish line and she stopped and put her cute little toes that I had painted the night before on the finish line and she won $1000 to Dick's Market! It was the craziest thing ever! We are so excited and never actually thought she would win. We all thought she would get scared and cry but she was a champ! My primary kids were having her chase them all over the room today and called her "Champion Baby". I like the sound of that. :)
Grrrrrr! I spent all day trying to upload the videos of her crawling but blogger sucks and won't do it. Hopefully 97.1 will upload the video to their site soon.
7 comments:
Well, I used to have my money on Hunter becoming the professional athlete. However, now I'm switching my support to Jayda. $1,000! That's like 4 or 5 Haagendaaz! Looks like dinnner is at Aubrey's house for the next month. I'll be waiting anxiously for my invitation. Might I suggest updating your blog music to the karate kid theme, "You're the best around" by Joe Esposito.
That is amazing!!! Jayda is a true athlete already! (Though I'm a bit annoyed that Jared has lost faith in my child). Congrats! Free groceries for a year! (well, in our family that money would last about 2 months...but still). That should buy Jayda a lot of whole milk as her reward!
That is one of the most awesome things ever! Great you got it on video to show Jayda how she was earning her keep, even at such a young age. Congrats to the champion! :)
GO JAYDA!!!!!!!! That's so stinking awesome!!! She's cute AND talented, you guys scored! :)
yay Jada! That's awesome that she won. Jada's the coolest baby ever.
That is awesome! Wish I would of known about it! Way to go Jayda!
She is a champion baby alright! a super star!! whoot whoot!! that is so sweet! I loved the post! :)
Post a Comment