This past week has been a big one for our little 2 year old. She transitioned into a big girl bed and started potty training. This was a step that as parents we weren't quite ready to take, but little miss thing had other plans. She started telling us that she needed a diaper change immediately after she had gone to the bathroom. We would also find her in the morning stark naked. She just hated having a wet diaper on. So we moved her into my old day bed and let her get used to that for a few nights. She has loved the bed and we have not had any issues with it. I was really afraid of this transition but for the most part she stays in her bed and is really good.
Conference weekend was the perfect weekend to start the potty training because Bryce didn't work Saturday and with me going back to work we would have no time that both of us were around enough. The first day was hard. She had five accidents and didn't quite understand the process. Day two started out with an accident but then she finally got it and was a little scared at first but was really excited when she got to pick out a candy from the bowl. In the next day or so she was able to pee on the toilet almost every time and by Tuesday she was 100% accident free. She is amazing! This was my number 1 fear of parenting and has not been as traumatic as I thought.
I don't believe it's because we did anything special, I know it's because she was more than ready. She is a smart little cookie and we are VERY grateful that this has been a smooth transition.
The next test for her is going to be how she handles being at a daycare all day. :(
Our sweet little thing likes to line things up evenly on desks, window sills, etc. We found her on the stairs just hanging out with all of her toys neatly in a line next to her.
Her potty chart is now full of stickers!Waking up from her first night in her new bed.
4 comments:
Wow that is awesome. That is one that I'm scared about as well. I tried once already, I just don't think she was ready. I will just have to wait until she tells me she is ready.
That is great that she did so well with potty training. London did well for the first month, but now it is back and forth on if she will go potty or have an accident. I am hoping it gets better. Bentley is adorable. I hope sleeping gets better. Have you tried the stuff, I think it is called little tummys? When Camden was younger he had a couple times where he had trouble burping and we gave him that it it broke it up right away. Worth a try. Good luck with everything!
I love that girl!!! She is so stinking cute. That's awesome that she did so good with the potty training and everything:)
She is a genius!!! I guess some people are just more comfortable in wet drawers than others. Personally, I'm looking forward to my senior years when I can go back to diapers. In fact, as soon as I have enough money, I'm hiring someone full time to change me.
Post a Comment