This is the Coldstone cake we bought to give to my family. It tasted yummy, but let me just say that our girl is not a fan of sugar. Maybe she will stay that way, she would be better off!The ultrasound was such an amazing experience. We love the tech that does them so it was really fun to have her there to talk to and to explain what we were looking at. At first baby's legs were crossed so the tech would go to other views and look at the stomach which said that she is 19 weeks and one day, then she measured the femur which said she is 19 weeks and 2 days and then she measured a few things in the brain that said she is 19 weeks and 6 days. From our first ultrasound we thought that I was 18 weeks and four days, so I am about a week more than I thought. Then she came back to a view that looked like absolutely nothing to me and all of a sudden she said " it's a girl". It was so sudden and so matter-of-fact that it threw me off. I had to ask what?! and how are you seeing that?!
The cute little thing kept yawning and we could see her little heart beating about 145 bpm which is right where it should be. Bryce was asking the tech how soon babies could suck their thumbs. She told him that they could at this point. Within a few minutes of him asking she started sucking her thumb as if to say, " look daddy, I can do it!"
We are both so excited and were hoping for a little girl first. Only a little more than 4 months and she will be a part of our family. Crazy. It is such a weird, indescribable feeling to be going through this.
As far as her name goes, we are pretty set on Jada Michelle Schow. We have had this name picked out for a while now and it feels right. We might play with the spelling a bit, but we love the name.
This was us at my parent's house with the cake. I hate this pic of me (cute of Bryce) but it is necessary for documentation I guess. I don't look pregnant, I just look chubby and shiny. I can't say that pregnancy has done good things for my looks. My skin is like a 16 year old's going through puberty. I have acne, bacne, frontne, you name it... I have it. Instead of the cute little bump I thought I would have, it is more like love handles and a muffin top. But who cares right? I am having a girl!!!!!
This is the first little blanket we bought for her. Now that we know she is a girl, we can start buying cute little things for her.
This is the cake that we bought at Target to take to my work. No matter what I did, I could not get this picture to post the right way, so for now it is sideways.
I will upload the ultrasound pics on my computer at home ( I am at work right now) and post those later. They are so much fun!
9 comments:
Yay! I'm so excited for you guys and I absolutely LOVE the name you picked for her! So so cute! Congrats again!
How exciting!!! My husband wants a girl first too. I hope that his wish come true. Congratulations!!!
Wahoo! A girl! :) I'm so excited for you. You are a total girl-mom. :) I am sure you'd be fine with a boy but some people just scream girl-mom. :) Like Kristy.
I love the crib too. Does this mean you're planning to still be living in your townhouse when she comes?
As far as how you look, you're right, you don't look pregnant. However, you don't look fat either. You look completely gorgeous and it's disgusting considering you're almost 20 weeks!
Love you tons! I missed you on Monday! We need to get together soon!
Ooh and PS: if you want the picture turned around you have to switch its direction on your computer before uploading it to blogger. Usually if you double click on the picture on your computer to view it full size there'll be a little rotation arrow below it so you can turn it! :) That took me a while to figure out too!
I am so jealous you are having a girl. Someday I migth get one of those.
Don't worry about not looking pregnant yet. Everyone goes through the "I look chubby not pregnant" phase. If you ask me it is the worse part of the pregnancy. Before you know it, you will look at that picture and say I wish I looked like that. Good luck with the next 4 months! Please let me know when you have a shower.
Yayyyyyyy for baby Jada :) She has NO choice but to be beautiful, having a mommy like you :)
I LOVE LOVE sweets, but I HATED them while I was pregnant too. Remember all the 3 musketeers chocolate we used to put inside the drawer for each other @ Ken Garff :)
You look great by the way. Don’t worry about gaining weight during the pregnancy. You will be surprised how fast it will come off after you have the baby. Especially if you will breastfeed. I gained at least 45 lb and breastfeeding did all the "workout" 4 me :)
Anyways... just have a healthy baby; the rest will be ok :) Congrats to both of you guys.
Yay congrats!! It is so fun once you know what you are having! It makes it so real. And enjoy the time you have not being big. Its fun to actually look pregnant and everything but it gets so hard to move! I am so excited for you and I hope you are feeling better!!!
What a beautiful name! Congrats kids, I am so excited for your little family to be growing! How amazing!!
Aubs...why a butterfly on the blanket? I thought you didn't like butterflies? Well, if you changed your mind that's good, cause it's a cute one!! :)
LOVE YOU!!!
Oh you guys are so cute!!! Our litte Mommy and Daddy, I love it! I can't wait to go shopping, GIRLS ARE SO MUCH FUN!!!! If you need anything let us know. We love you guys. Oh and the acne, I broke out so bad with Kylie, the worst ever, It did go away about a month after she was born. Oh well the joys of bringing a little one into this world. It is so WORTH it.
Very informative & fun to read--thanks! Regarding the acne thing, it's hard for me to feel sorry since your skin has ALWAYS been clear & perfect & the West side girls are still breaking out into their forties. Unfair. I'm sure it will get back to normal after Jada comes.
Hope you are feeling better!!! :)
Post a Comment